Our Mission & Vision
Darwin is Changing Benefits for Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast-paced, ambitious, people-focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners, and people. Our values to 'be brilliant together’ and to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Darwin to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, more than 2 million people are already using our platform. That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career with the SRE team!
We are looking for an experienced Security Engineering Lead to join our fast-paced Site Reliability Engineering team, headquartered in the UK, to bring experience and best practice around infrastructure security for a hybrid global SaaS solution. We are a dedicated, highly communicative team that have a genuine passion for what we do – we work closely together, (we live in Zoom and Slack), and operate in a busy, but fun environment. We are looking for someone that can fit into this; likes being part of a team, has a growth mindset, and is a good communicator. We are extremely proud and committed to the team culture we’ve built; no-blame, trusting, and can-do.
The Role & Your Mission
- Threat Hunting – if we have a vulnerability across our stack we want to know (about it and remediate!)
- Work with other parts of SRE & wider tech teams to evaluate and introduce ways of working more securely
- Creating and maintaining detect and response run books
- Ensuring our security dashboards are up to date
- Ownership and maturity of our SIEM solution
- Willingness to occasionally work out of hours
Your Experience & Values
- Passion for Technology and getting ‘under the bonnet’
- Comfortable with Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, Linux technology stack
- Previous experience working with third-party penetration testers and subsequent remediation plans
- “Whitehat” experience desirable (or the ability to run internal penetration tests on infrastructure)
- A good understanding of deployment pipelines and managing security throughout
- Experience in managing large scale patching operations
- Vulnerability scanning
- Familiarity with WAF, IDS, and IPS
Our PINK Benefits & Culture
- An opportunity to work in a fast-growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off, and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
- We champion flexible working, and our mission is to help you find YOUR work-life balance, whether that's standard working, part-time working, flexitime working, compressed hours, or working from home.
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?