Our Mission & Vision
Darwin is Changing Benefits for Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to 'be brilliant together’ and to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Darwin to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, more than 2 million people are already using our platform. That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career with the team.
You will be working in the Legal Department, a small collaborative and proactive team providing legal advice on a broad range of issues across the business with the primary focus being commercial contracts, risk management, intellectual property rights, data protection compliance (including the GDPR) and IT matters (including the Cloud).
The Role & Your Mission
- Negotiating, reviewing and drafting all types of contracts and legal documents.
- Playing a supporting and at times lead role in reviewing, drafting and advising on commercial contracts entered into by the business, particularly in the areas of IT (including cloud related issues) and data protection matters.
- Facilitate legal/commercial awareness and compliance across the business;
- Responsible for maintaining and updating an archive and a database of all legal templates/ information.
- Managing external law firms and other professional advisors.
- Working proactively with the rest of the business in its work to ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Providing legal support to the business on RFP’s and other ad hoc projects as required.
- Assisting the other members of the Legal Department in maintaining and growing its know-how and precedent base.
- Immersing yourself in the commercial model and operations.
- Ensuring clients have up to date contracts, including Beta and Next Gen clients.
- Conduit between Legal and Client Success and the wider Mercer team
- Owning special projects, e.g. contractual risk reduction and streamline the sign-off process
- Enablement of CSM’s, CSD’s and Commercial Champions
- Running drop-in sessions
- Regular updates
- Pro-active engagement on renewal contracts
Your Experience & Values
- Good working knowledge of contract law, intellectual property rights (focus on trademarks), technology and European (if not global) data protection law.
- Excellent drafting, communication (written and verbal) and negotiating skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with internal partners and external providers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and to work to deadlines.
- Strong team player who seeks and gives empowerment.
- Flexible, positive and approachable with a pragmatic approach.
- Strong computer and technical skills and know-how.
- Committed, motivated and focused.
- Combining high performance and high integrity culture
- Be both a guardian and valued business partner
- Teamwork and empowerment
- Excellence, proactive and innovative
- 1-4 year PQE UK Qualified Solicitor (having qualified within a leading city law firm)
Our PINK Benefits & Culture
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- We champion flexible working, and our mission is to help you find YOUR work-life balance, whether that's standard working, part-time working, flexitime working, compressed hours, or working from home.
- An extra day off on your birthday
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A flexible reimbursement account for you to spend on the things that matter to you
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?