Our Mission & Vision
Darwin is Changing Benefits for Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’ and to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Darwin to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, more than 2 million people are already using our platform. That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career.
Our DBA team is a global team responsible for all database infrastructure within Darwin. This covers Darwin Current and Next Generation, Analytics and 3rd party applications. The core focus of the DBA team is to ensure the uptime, performance, security and scalability of the platform.
We provide automated services within the tech team to deliver UAT and QA platforms for development & testing. Additionally, we design and build all BI tools within Darwin, including Darwin Analytics Center as well as internal data warehouses.
The Role & Your Mission
- Implementing best practice to ensure an efficient Darwin database structure;
- Maintaining Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to 2019 databases;
- Maintaining MongoDB 3.x and 4.x databases;
- Creating, monitoring and troubleshooting backup and maintenance routines;
- Checking testing and validating developer written database scripts;
- Writing database scripts to requirements;
- Monitoring SQL cluster performance and MongoDB replica sets in a production environment;
- Managing SQL & MongoDB databases in all environments Production, Preview and Acceptance and UAT;
- Troubleshooting server O/S (Windows and Linux) issues;
- Interface with development teams to proactively solve issues;
- Logging support calls with third party hosting provider;
- Ensuring data integrity and security on all Databases;
- Creating and maintaining data warehousing and business analytics solutions;
- Assisting the technical team with server support, incident resolution and problem solving.
Your Experience & Values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Romanian and English;
- Windows & Linux Infrastructure;
- Data Warehousing knowledge;
- High attention to detail;
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work;
- Ability to work well within a team, flexible attitude.
Our PINK Benefits & Culture
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression;
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative;
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package;
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in the UK and Singapore;
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients.