Our Mission & Vision
Darwin is Changing Benefits for Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast paced, ambitious, people focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognised as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionise the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’ and to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Darwin to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, more than 2 million people are already using our platform. That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career with the Configuration Engineering team.
As a Graduate Configuration Engineer you will be part of our Configuration Engineering team being responsible for creating the business logic that drives Darwin™, using Darwin Configuration Language (DCL*).
Templates written by Configuration Engineers will be used to standardize and simplify the implementation of client schemes across the globe. The Darwin Configuration Language (DCL) is a proprietary configuration tool, developed within Darwin. This is used in Darwin 4.0 to create the basic building blocks of our platform (benefits, client schemes and interfacing). There is no expectation that anyone applying for the role will have any background or prior knowledge of DCL syntax.
The Role & Your Mission
- Translate business requirements into technical solutions using DCL;
- Create Country, Organization, Scheme and Benefit templates using Darwin Configuration Language;
- Maintain templates including change management for any updates to existing templates;
- Work with technology teams on defining new functions in DCL to make template writing more efficient;
- Produce documentation to reflect the content and available options of released templates;
- Develop business process models and documentation relevant to the team’s objectives;
- Assist Darwin Support teams with the debugging of templates;
- Perform other job-related duties and activities as requested;
- Respond to ad hoc exercises and issues;
- Deal with workload peaks without compromising standards.
Your Experience & Values
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Romanian and English;
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into a technical solution;
- Ability to abstract and create a general solution for a problem (e.g. based on multiple benefits setups identify elements that are generic and need to form part of the provider’s product base template);
- Ability to generate relevant test case scenarios that can be used to test templates;
- Drive and determination, and the ability to work in a changing, fluid organization;
- Self-motivated with the ability to produce high quality work with minimum supervision;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with a high attention to detail;
- A commitment to quality and a thorough approach to the work;
- Flexible attitude, ability to perform under pressure.
Our PINK Benefits & Culture
- An opportunity to work in a fast growing, innovative company with lots of room for progression
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in the UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients
So if you like the look of what you see, and think you could be the perfect fit for us, then take the leap and apply today! Go on, what are you waiting for?