Cluj Napoca, Romania
Our Mission & Vision
Darwin is changing Benefits for Good. Our unique and innovative SaaS platform takes employee engagement to a whole new level. We are fast-paced, ambitious, people-focused and on a journey to dominate the global benefits market.
We are in the midst of one of the most exciting times in the company’s history and while we are already recognized as the global leader in our industry, we will not become complacent. We continue to work to revolutionize the market and our PINK people are what makes this possible. We are passionately committed to going the extra mile for our clients, partners, and people. Our values to ‘be brilliant together’ and to ‘challenge everything and deliver excellence’ are part of our unique culture. This is the PINK glue that binds us.
It is time for Darwin to continue its success. We truly believe that using our platform and products can impact and improve people’s lives. In fact, more than 2 million people are already using our platform. That’s a lot of people enjoying their flexible benefits!
Join us on our journey and take the next step in your career with the Technology team.
About the team:
The Delivery Lead effectively operates as a Scrum Master role across many self-organizing teams, combining with Project Management skills to identify delivery/implementation risks, tracking milestones, and release plans.
The role and your mission
- Build a trusting environment, where delivery is a team commitment
- Build up new teams and coach team members on how to apply the internal methodology
- Guide and coach the delivery teams in order to use the internal practices and values to their maximum potential, and to get the most out of self-organization
- Coach the team towards cross-functionality
- Coach the team to think, communicate and work towards a common goal
- Challenge/empower the team towards continuous improvement of the delivery process, quality, velocity and deliver value to the business as quickly as possible
- Close collaboration with the Delivery Leads in the other locations, regarding future deliverables, resourcing, and product roadmap.
- Liaison between teams and other stakeholders, create a balance between the project’s key stakeholders, and help the team perform at their highest level
- Constructively and positively challenge other people’s ideas and approaches
- Handle multiple teams/projects at a time, of about 6-7 people each
- Manage tight resource constraints and conflicting priorities, ensuring that appropriate work is prioritized
- Keep track of many tasks, documents, and communication threads
- Optimize and maintain a consistent approach between managed teams
What skills and values you will bring:
- Manage recurring contact with leaders, subject matter experts, and quality influencers across Darwin Services
- High standard of communication in English and Romanian - both verbal and written
- Must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to a team and other stakeholders (project, initiative, and management)
- Ensure Agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to
- Clear expectation setting and management of tasks across the delivery to completion
- Drive the team to continuously improve processes
- Facilitate discussions and alternatives or different approaches. Be comfortable in both supporting and challenging colleagues
- Lead a team to self-organization
- Good knowledge of Agile practices (iterative development), service-oriented environments
- A minimum of 3 years in delivering software throughout its full life cycle
- Previous experience in Scrum Master or Project Manager (Technical Software) roles
- Ability to identify and manage risk
- Good time management and scheduling skills
- A good understanding of all disciplines involved in a software development process
- Presentation and negotiation skills
- A self-motivated and proactive individual who has demonstrated an ability to organize and prioritize own workload
- Understand the value of commitments to delivery made by a development team
Our “PINK” benefits and what you can expect:
- A fail- friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- Flexible working options (when applicable)
- Birthday day off
- Weekly Health & Fitness classes
- Matching charity contributions, charity days off, and Pay it Forward charity challenge
- A spending account for you to spend on the things you decide are important
- Pension, Life and Medical Insurance